Thank you! Your recent adoption saved a life.
By opening your heart and your home to your new companion animal you’ve lowered the statistics on homeless pets in our community. You’re our kind of animal hero!
PAWS is here to help you welcome the newest addition to your family with ease. Here are some links to resources by other organizations that you may find helpful as your new companion settles in:
- The Humane Society of the United States has an online Cat Answer Tool.
- Cat behaviorist Pamela Johnson-Bennett has several excellent books that can be borrowed from your local library. She also has many helpful articles and podcasts on her website.
- Contrary to their reputation, cats of all ages can be trained! You can find tips on how to do that here with Karen Pryor Clicker Training.
- Here's a fascinating instructional video from the Dumb Friends League on clicker training.
And here is some information specific to kittens:
- New kitten checklist from Cat Behavior Associates.
- Kitten behavior basics from the Humane Society of the United States.
- The Humane Society of the United States' guide to teaching your kitten to play nice.
Find more advice on a wide range of topics in our online resource library.
We also love to hear feedback from adopters and invite you to share your adoption experience with us. Please take a few minutes to fill out our online survey.