PAWS respects the privacy of the generous supporters who make our work possible. As a PAWS donor, your information (including your name, address, e-mail address and any other personal information) will never be sold or rented to—or exchanged with—any other private, public or nonprofit group.
You can also Download a PDF of this policy here.
Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) stores the following personal information:
- Biographical information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes. It is also used to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections, as well as to understand donors’ interests in our mission and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. This information is shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. In addition:
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We may use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We may use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you.
This policy applies to all information received by PAWS, both online and offline, on any platform (including web and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.