2018-2019 School Year Offerings
Do you have a classroom of animal lovers, or are you trying to develop more humane and compassionate choices in your students?
We would love to work with your class as you complete a project that benefits animals and the environment! Depending on your project, we may be able to visit your classroom or invite you to PAWS for a program on-site. Contact us at email@example.com or 425-787-2500 x257 for more information.
View project ideas here.
We also offer our signature six-session program, Kids Who Care, for fourth-grade classes throughout Snohomish County.
Kids Who Care
Grade Level: 4th grade
Length of presentation: 6 classroom visits, 60 minutes each
Group size: up to 35 students per class
Description: This signature program is a six-week classroom-based course and is interdisciplinary, providing opportunities for reading, journaling, critical thinking and problem-solving. Lessons combine videos, games, storytelling, hands-on activities, role-playing, discussion, and presentation.
- Lesson 1: Introduction: Understanding Animals
- Lesson 2: Understanding Our Pets: Pet Safety; Responsible Pet Care
- Lesson 3: Responsibility Toward Pets: Spay and Neuter; Animal Shelters; Animal Abuse
- Lesson 4: Understanding Wildlife: Habitats and Adaptations
- Lesson 5: Responsibility Toward Wildlife: Issues Facing Wildlife; Ways to Help
- Lesson 6: Bringing it All Together: Humane Living
Cost: $150 for one classroom, $80 for each additional classroom at the same school
Sponsorships may be available for high-need schools. By prearrangement, program cost can be substituted with a donation of money or supplies to help us care for the animals at PAWS. Please contact us for a current wish list or for more information about this substitution.
These programs are made possible: