To live humanely means to consider animals and their welfare in the every day choices you make. This can be as simple as providing fresh water for wild birds or adopting a pet from your local shelter. By practicing a humane lifestyle, you can impact so many aspects of life around you—from animals, to the environment, to your own health.
Here are some ideas to help you think and live humanely:
- Go veggie: Eat food that doesn’t contribute to animal suffering.
- Be a cruelty-free consumer: Buy cruelty-free products and support entertainment that doesn’t use animals.
- Support your local shelter: Donate your time and/ or money to save animals’ lives.
- Co-exist with wildlife: Modify your home in ways that consider your wild neighbors.
- Be a responsible guardian: Learn proper care to keep your pet safe, healthy and happy.
- Speak up for animals: Let decision makers know you care about policies that affect animals.
- Educate yourself and others: Read more on topics that affect animals and respectfully pass on your knowledge.