Are you ready to be a citizen advocate for animals? Here’s how to prepare:
- Stay informed with the Washington State legislature website, which provides legislative session cut-off calendars, reviews how a bill becomes law, and explains Washington State’s legislative process.
- Bookmark Washington Votes, a nonprofit organization that monitors legislation. Use this site to search for proposed legislation, check your legislator's voting record, and receive e-mail updates as bills move through the process.
- Follow Governor Inslee's bill action page for bills scheduled to be signed into law.
- Read about state and federal legislation and basics on grassroots lobbying at HSUS’s Do’s and Don’ts of Lobbying.
- Read Get Political for Animals, which outlines how you can become politically effective for animals. You can order this book at National Institute for Animal Advocacy.