Many pet shelters and wildlife rehabilitation centers provide a variety of rewarding opportunities to help animals in your community. They rely on your support, and it's a fantastic way to meet other people who care about animals just like you do.
- If you are considering a pet as a gift, instead give a PAWS pet adoption gift certificate (available at PAWS in Lynnwood and at PAWS Cat City) and a basket of pet supplies to get the person started. It's better to let your loved one choose his or her own pet to ensure the best match between animal and person.
- Host a gift drive and collect supplies for PAWS or your local shelter or wildlife rehabilitation center.
- Inspire a friend to adopt from PAWS or adopt from your local animal shelter.
- Sign up for PAWS' e-newsletters to stay current on animal issues in Washington State.
- Volunteer at PAWS, or at your local wildlife or animal shelter to walk dogs, answer phones, or help rehabilitate wildlife.
- Be a life-saver - foster a kitten or puppy.