You can make a difference in the lives of animals today and in the future by speaking out for them in your community:
- Report animal cruelty and abuse. Most communities require that all pets have good food, fresh water, shelter and veterinary care.
- Call 911 if you see an animal in imminent danger.
- Report abandoned or stray animals to your local Western Washington animal control or take him or her to the nearest shelter.
- Tell local leaders and elected officials that policy which impacts animals is important to you.
- Stay informed on PAWS' Washington State legislative coverage.
- Write a letter to the editor of a local paper, share posts from PAWS' blog to encourage others to speak up, or become a fan of PAWS on Facebook and spread the word about important animal issues.