As development encroaches on wildlife habitat, PAWS' nationally recognized wildlife rehabilitation center rehabilitates sick, injured and orphaned animals and educates people about peaceful co-existence with wildlife.
Interns assist and support the Wildlife Volunteer Program Manager in the daily operations of the Wildlife Volunteer Program. Interns gain valuable, practical experience in volunteer management, volunteer training and volunteer program development.
- Administrative duties including filing, photocopying and data entry
- Program development including research, outreach and onsite volunteer management
- Volunteer recruitment
- Volunteer appreciation
- Special projects and other tasks as required
Applicants must be current college students, recent graduates or career changers, possess a strong interest in volunteer program management and wildlife rehabilitation. The ideal applicant is a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills and proficiency in MS Office. Applicants must be able to:
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Work independently and as a part of a team
- Perform tedious tasks for long periods of time
- Complete detailed projects with little supervision
- Internships are available year round
- Successful candidates must commit to a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks
- Interns work 20 hours per week including weekend and holiday work
- Interns are UNPAID
- Housing and transportation assistance is NOT provided
If you are interested in applying for an internship at the PAWS Wildlife Center, please see the Application Process.
The 2016 deadlines for Wildlife Volunteer Program Internships are as follows:
Summer—April 1 **summer 2016 deadline extended to May 15!**
We will begin reviewing applications after the listed deadlines. However, we will still consider applications on a rolling basis following the deadline when spaces are available.
E-mail Rachel Costello, Wildlife Volunteer Program Manager.