Family Fun That Makes a Difference for Animals
Do you know a child who loves animals and wants to give back? Have you been looking for a fun way to get the whole family involved in helping animals in your community? Spring is one of the busiest times of the year for PAWS and the natural world, when plants and animals perk up with the anticipation of new growth and new families. It's an ideal time for kids to learn about animals and ways to help them.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Go on a hike together and take time to identify wildlife and plants - the more you know about nature, the better equipped you are to protect it. While you're out there, pick up any trash you find.
- Cook a delicious, animal-friendly, vegetarian meal together.
- Take a family trip to a nursery to pick out some native plants and create a backyard wildlife habitat.
- Build an outdoor play enclosure for your indoor cat. It'll keep him safe and prevent him from harming wildlife.
- Take your dog to an off-leash park together - everyone can use some exercise.
- Become a PAWS foster family and care for sick and young cats and dogs until they are ready for adoption.
- Host a movie night fundraiser with friends and family. Show an animal-themed movie and serve animal-friendly snacks.
- Enroll your child in a PAWS Kids Workshop.
- Create and hang colorful sun catchers in your windows to prevent birds from flying into them.
Learn more about foster care, and register for PAWS' kids programs. Have fun helping animals!