Position Title: Humane Education Intern
Please note: this internship is currently filled. Please email Jess Thomas if you're interested in applying for future humane education internships.
The education team at PAWS is reinvigorating our youth volunteer program. Help us build our programs and nurture the next generation of animal lovers. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about youth development, animal welfare, and non-profit education programs.
This position assists the education team in preparing, developing, and facilitating youth volunteer opportunities designed to bring awareness to animal welfare issues and engage youth in community service activities. Skills gained from this internship include firsthand experience developing and coordinating youth volunteer programs, building sustainable relationships in our community, and researching best practices in informal education.
This unpaid internship position requires a three month commitment (June – August), 12 – 15 hours per week. The work week for this position is Tuesday – Saturday. There is a possible opportunity to continue the internship into the school year.
- Experience working with youth of all ages.
- Interest and belief in animal welfare.
- The ability to represent PAWS’ mission in a sincere and energetic manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to empower youth to address community issues.
- A flexible schedule to assist in supervising and facilitating youth volunteer activities as needed.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- An outgoing personality and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Reliable transportation to and from PAWS and other locations as needed for event attendance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Washington State driver's license with no major or repeated minor traffic offenses as well as providing proof of current 100/300 insurance coverage.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.