Position Title: Humane Education Intern, Fall-Spring
PAWS Humane Education program reaches out to youth in our communities with lessons of compassion and respect towards animals and the environment. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about youth development and learning styles, animal welfare, and non-profit education programs.
This position assists the education team in preparing, developing, and facilitating youth education programs, and assisting with youth volunteer workshops/projects designed to bring awareness to animal welfare issues and encourage responsible behavior towards animals and the environment. Skills gained from this internship include developing curriculum that supports Common Core standards, presentation experience, classroom management and engaging different learning styles.
This unpaid internship position requires a minimum three-four month commitment; (Fall) October – December, (Spring) March – June, 10-15 hours per week, generally between the hours 9am to 5pm, Tuesday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday as needed.
- Experience working with youth of all ages.
- Interest and belief in animal welfare.
- The ability to represent PAWS’ mission in a sincere and energetic manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to empower youth to address community issues.
- A flexible schedule to assist in supervising and facilitating youth volunteer activities as needed.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- An outgoing personality and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Reliable transportation to and from PAWS and other locations as needed for event attendance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Washington State driver's license with no major or repeated minor traffic offenses as well as providing proof of current 100/300 insurance coverage.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Sandy Warner: firstname.lastname@example.org