Position Title: PAWS Events Intern
Reports to: Events Manager
PAWS seeks a reliable, versatile intern to assist in the planning and execution of PAWS Wild Night (April 18, 2015), a fundraising gala and auction for 500 guests.
This position requires a five-month commitment, beginning immediately. Hours will vary from half-time in November to nearly full-time as the event gets closer. Our Events Intern must be available full-time April 13-18.
The Events Intern will learn about non-profit organizations, event planning, logistics, auction procurement, audience development and sponsor recruitment, as well as day-of event set-up and coordination.
The Events Intern will work in a dog-friendly office in Lynnwood, WA.
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to sincerely represent PAWS’ mission in person and on the phone
• Flexible schedule
• Outgoing and enthusiastic
• Comfortable asking individuals and businesses for donations
• Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with databases and experience learning new software is helpful. Familiarity with AuctionMaestro a plus.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Reliable transportation, valid Washington State Driver’s License, proof of insurance
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
To apply, please email a cover letter and your resume to Barbara Flynn.
PAWS is a champion for animals—rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife, sheltering and adopting homeless cats and dogs, and educating people to make a better world for animals and people. Founded in 1967, PAWS cares for more than 7,000 cats, dogs and wild animals every year.