PAWS takes in stray cats and dogs from Bothell, Brier, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, Shoreline and Woodinville in Washington State. We are not affiliated with any other organization called PAWS. If you think the pet you found should should come to us, please submit a found animal report and bring the cat or dog to PAWS during our open hours.
If you are not in our area but in Western Washington refer to this list of other animal shelters and agencies. If you are outside of Western Washington you can search for shelters near you on Petfinder.com.
When you arrive
- The shelter staff will determine if the animal was found in our service area.
- You will need to complete paperwork which is required by law and necessary for us to intake the animal.
- You will need to present identification.
- Most stray animals will be held the legal holding period of 72 hours (some are held longer) to give their family a chance to find them. Sometimes an animal who has a severe injury, illness or is too dangerous to house at the shelter will be humanely euthanized during the holding period.
Other steps to take
- While PAWS makes every effort to help return lost animals to their homes, you can help by posting signs in the area where you found the pet stating the animal is at PAWS.
- You can also post information about the pet you found on several websites indicating you took the animal to PAWS in Lynnwood, Washington. People looking for their lost pets will often search:
- If the animal is not re-united with her family, PAWS will evaluate the cat or dog to determine if she can be made available for adoption, can be sent to another animal organization for placement, or if she needs to be humanely euthanized.
- If you are interested in adopting the pet after her legal stray holding period has expired, please speak to the staff about PAWS’ adoption process.
- Please consider making a donation to help with the care of the lost cat or dog, as well as the other homeless animals at PAWS.
Thank you for helping an animal in need!